Booking Conditions & Terms of Letting
1. Contract: The Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the Owner and the Hirer. It will be entered into when the deposit is processed and the Owner issues a letter of confirmation, either by post or email. The Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
The Contract will be subject to all of the following booking conditions.
2. Purpose of letting: The accommodation can only be rented by the hirer for his/her sole use for short-term holiday purposes. Sub-letting is not allowed.
3. Payment: A deposit of 30% of the booking fee is payable on booking. The booking will not be accepted until the deposit is paid. The outstanding balance will be due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. For bookings less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday the full amount is payable on booking.
Directions to the property and instructions for collection of the keys will be sent upon receipt of the full payment. Payment can be made by by bank transfer or cheque, details of which will be supplied on receipt of a completed, signed booking form.
VAT is not applicable.
4. Covid-19 conditions: If any of your party/family or yourself feel unwell before travelling to Grove Cottage you must stay at home and inform the owners of Grove Cottage, immediately. A refund will only be available if this situation occurs.
Once at Grove Cottage, if you suspect any of your party/family or yourself may have Covid-19 during your stay, you must tell the owners and return home immediately.
You may not self-isolate in the cottage – not returning immediately to your home will incur additional costs of three times your weekly rental and any other costs relating to the rehousing/reimbursement of incoming guests.
5. Covid-19 conditions continued: The cottage is to be kept clean with cleanliness and safety in mind at all times.
Do not put disposal/sanitising hand wipes down the toilet – a bin is provided.
The open fire should not be used.
Open the windows at least an hour before you leave (weather permitting).
Remove all food from the cupboards and fridges.
Empty all bins – put bags outside.
Strip the bed linen and put in the bags provided.
You are required to bring your own towels – see Linen item no. 11.
6. Cancellation: Any cancellation made by the Hirer, for whatever reason, shall be in writing. Grove Cottage cannot refund any rental fees, except in the case of the
Covid-19 condition, as stated above, and the condition stated in item no.7, below.
It is strongly recommended for you to take out holiday insurance to protect against the above conditions.
7. Non-Availability of Property: Should the case arise that the property, for
reasons beyond the Owner’s control, is not available after booking has taken place, all charges paid in full by the Hirer will be returned in full. The Hirer will have no further claim on the Owner.
8. Period of Hire: Rentals are on a Friday-to-Friday basis and commence, unless otherwise notified, at 5 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 9 am on the day of departure.
The hirer must vacate the premises by the specified time of 9 am.
9. Number of Persons in the Property: The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed four (4). The names of all occupiers of the cottage must be submitted on the booking form. The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. The Hirer must accept responsibility for the safety of their children at all times.
10. Care of the Property: The hirer is responsible for the accommodation and undertakes to take all reasonable and proper care of it. On leaving it must be left clean and tidy and in the same state of order as on the arrival date. Any breakages, damages or loss of property (i.e. keys) must be made known to the Owner, immediately. The Hirer is legally bound to reimburse the Owner for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs.
11. Noise and Annoyance: The Hirer is to respect the well being of those occupants of adjoining or nearby properties and not to cause any annoyance or become a nuisance. Complaints from adjoining or nearby occupants regarding your behaviour may result in the requirement for all occupants to leave the property immediately, without a refund of any monies paid.
12. Electricity & Heating: There are electric heaters and storage heaters in the cottage and the cost of these is included in the rental cost. For the open fire, when available, there is a supplement charge made for the provision of coal / logs and kindling, please see additional section on the booking form.
13. Linen: Sheets, Duvets, Pillowcases, Tea Towels, Bath mat and Oven gloves are included in the rental cost. The Hirer is required to supply their own towels.
12. Pets: are not allowed.
13. Smoking: The property has a non-smoking policy, which includes all tobacco products, e-cigarettes, e-liquids and vaping products.
14. Right of Entry: The Owner or their representatives shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times, for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
15. Liability: The accommodation is provided as advertised and no liability can be accepted for any personal injury, or loss or damage to personal property however caused.
16. Complaints: Any complaints or concerns that you may have about the Property or the Property’s condition must be communicated to the Owner at the time the issue first comes to your attention. The Owner will accept no liability for complaints or concerns raised by you, which relate to the Property or to the Property’s condition, which you raise after your departure from the Property.