- Contract: The Contract for a short-term holiday rental shall be made between the Owner and the Hirer. It will be entered into when the deposit is processed and the Owner issues a letter of confirmation, either by post or email. The Contract shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.
The Contract will be subject to all of the following booking conditions.
- Purpose of letting: The accommodation must be used by the hirer for short-term holiday purposes only.
- Payment: A deposit of 30% of the booking fee is payable on booking. The outstanding balance due 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. For bookings less than 8 weeks before the start of the holiday the full amount is payable.
Payments must be received within 7 days of a booking being made.
Directions to the property and instructions for collection of the keys will be sent upon receipt of the full payment.
Payment can be made by cheque (posting details on booking form) or by bank transfer or PayPal, details of which will be supplied on booking. VAT is not applicable.
- Electricity & Heating: There are electric heaters and storage heaters in the cottage and the cost of these is included in the rental cost. For the log fire, if required, there is a supplement charge made for the provision of logs and kindling, please see additional section on the booking form.
- Cancellation: Any cancellation made by the Hirer for whatever reason shall be in writing. If the booking is cancelled within two weeks of the arrival date, the entire rental fee will be forfeit. For cancellation within 8 weeks of the arrival date, the entire deposit (30% of the total rental fee) will be forfeit. For cancellation more than 8 weeks before the arrival date, 50% of the deposit will be charged as a cancellation fee.
It is strongly recommended for you to take out holiday insurance to protect against the above cancellation fees.
- Non-Availability of Property: Should the case arise that the property, for
reasons beyond the Owner’s control, is not available after booking has taken place, all charges paid in full by the Hirer will be returned in full. The Hirer will have no further claim on the Owner.
- Period of Hire: Rentals are on a Friday-to-Friday basis and commence, unless otherwise notified, at 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10 am on the day of departure. The hirer must vacate the premises by the specified time of 10 am.
- Number of Persons in the Property: The number of persons occupying the property must not exceed four (4). The Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the entire party if this condition is not observed. The Hirer must accept responsibility for the safety of their children at all times.
- Care of the Property: The hirer is responsible for the accommodation and undertakes to take all reasonable and proper care of it. On leaving it must be left clean and tidy and in the same state of repair as on the arrival date. Any breakages, damages or loss of property (i.e. keys) must be made known to the Owner, at the latest before departure. The Hirer is legally bound to reimburse the Owner for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs.
- Noise and Annoyance: The Hirer is to respect the well being of those occupants of adjoining or nearby properties and not to cause any annoyance or become a nuisance. Complaints from adjoining or nearby occupants regarding your behaviour may result in the requirement for all occupants to leave the property immediately, without a refund of any monies paid.
- Linen: Sheets, Duvets, Pillowcases, Tea Towels and bathroom towels are included in the rental cost. For bookings longer than a week, a fresh set can be supplied each week. The Hirer is required to supply their own beach towels.
- Pets: are not allowed.
- Smoking: The property has a non-smoking policy, which includes all tobacco products, e-cigarettes, e-liquids and vaping products.
- Right of Entry: The Owner or their representatives shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times, for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Liability: The accommodation is provided as advertised and no liability can be accepted for any personal injury, or loss or damage to personal property however caused.
- Complaints: Any complaints or concerns that you may have about the Property or the Property’s condition must be communicated to the Owner at the time the issue first comes to your attention. The Owner will accept no liability for complaints or concerns raised by you, which relate to the Property or to the Property’s condition, which you raise after your departure from the Property.
Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress